woensdag 10 december 2008

Static versus dynamic poses

I love the dreadnought from AOBR. But, allthough it's a great mini, it's quite static. After I finished my -first- dreadnought I just had to try my hand at a "real" dreadnought. So, off to the GW store.

When I got home and opened the box I discovered that this model only has a torso that is detached from the legs. The legs themselves are allmost the same as the AOBR model.

Drastic measures were required to get the frame inside my head translated to this not-so dynamic dreadnought.
I cut loose the left leg and rotated it a little to the back. Reattached the tubings (some green stuff was required to fill the gaps). Some green stuff between the torso and legs helped to get a decent position of the torso.

Here is the final result. Cool and menacing.


Next: making the weapons on the AOBR dread and regular dreadnought interchangable.

Geen opmerkingen: